Prominent Republican heart surgeon and former television talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz has pulled ahead of Democratic Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman in a pair of Senate race polls taken since the candidates were heavily contested.I saw the discussion earlier this week.
A recent survey, Posted by Vic Insights on Friday morning, showed Oz with 47.6% support, with Fetterman trailing at 45.9%. Another 3.6% said they would vote for a third-party candidate, and 2.9% were undecided.
When undecided cohorts were pressed to choose between Oz and Fetterman, 64.4% said they favored Oz, while the remaining 35.6% chose Fetterman.
The results are resounding Insider Advantage poll The next day was taken up for discussion. In that study, Oz led Fetterman 47.5% to 44.8%. Another 3.6% said they were undecided, 2.8% supported Libertarian candidate Eric Gerhardt, and 1.3% said they would vote for someone else.
The polls are the first two in which Oz has taken a lead since his hard-fought victory in the May 17 Republican primary.
Even the polls of the top two who entered the field after the election Tuesday Debate Fetterman, who suffered a stroke in May, slurred his words and struggled to give coherent answers.
The Democrat continues to experience auditory processing issues due to his paralysis, and had to use closed-caption monitors to follow both the moderator’s questions and Oz’s comments.
For example, when asked if he thought the Biden administration had “overspent” and what he was going to cut from the federal budget, Fetterman stumbled through his answer.
“I think we need to fight inflation, right here, right now. Before we call inflation a “tax” on the working class, that’s what we need to fight about inflation.
In another oft-replayed incident, Fetterman briefly fell silent when asked to explain his shifting stances.
“I support fracking and — I don’t, I don’t, I support fracking, I stand and I support fracking,” he stammered.
While both polls showed Oz leading in the Senate race, polls also indicated that Democrat Josh Shapiro had a comfortable lead ahead of the gubernatorial election.
The Vic Insights poll has Shapiro at 49.2%, ahead of Republican Doug Mastriano’s 43.3%. The Insider Advantage poll gave Shapiro 50.2% of the vote and Mastriano 41.8%.
The Wick Insights poll surveyed 1,000 Pennsylvania voters between October 26 and October 27. It had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percent. The Insider Advantage poll surveyed 750 likely voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percentage points.
With a report by Victor Nava.
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”